Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A tribute

My camera broke down sometime 2 years ago. It's an old Canon Powershot with only 3.2MP that I bought in 2002. It's not an SLR nor it is like any other fancy cameras but I love it. And I think I took quite good pictures with it. Of course it won't be as good as those expensive cameras but I think it was good enough for me.. check it out:

http://anythingarian.my-php.net/

The page loads really slow but if you are from Bloomington and you miss the place and the seasons, it will be worth waiting.

I love taking pictures and I have always wanted to buy that expensive, heavy Digital SLR and I've been saving up for that.. But now, looking at all the pictures I've taken I don't think I need it. These are good enough for me. Besides, we have Photoshop right? Anyways, what I need is something light that I can carry with me everywhere I go (like I did with my old Canon)..

Just the other day, I saw an old Chinese couple holding hands walking in heavy rains sharing umbrella.. If I go back home and tell this story to my colleagues or family, I'm sure they would be staring blankly at me thinking "what's so interesting about that? But if I take a picture and show them, they might be thinking differently. When we listen, what we absorb mostly are facts, no feelings involved.. But with pictures, it could tell a thousand stories.. Each will look at it with their own stories.. I feel like crying at the sight and not having camera on hand. I think I'm gonna buy one, real soon.. Ok, maybe not that soon..
prioritize..

No comments: