Monday, December 10, 2007

This age

An interesting conversation I had today.


Ring..ring.. (me calling home)

My sister: Hello
Me: Adik, Mi (my mother) pergi ofis tak hari ni?
My sister: Tak..
Me: Ooo.. Mi masak ke?
My sister: *giggle* yes
Me: Kenapa gelak?
My sister: Mi masak special *more giggles*
Me: Masak apa?
My sister: Adalah, balik je lah, pukul berapa nak balik ofis ni?
Me: Nak balik la ni.. apsal?
My sister: Emmm *thinking loudly*
...after a short pause..

Kakna, tolong beli kek? Secret Recipe eh?
Me: *speechless*

Lorr... there you go, I need to buy my own birthday cake.. haish.. I went with my brother though, and he decided to pay since he's (his own words) too lazy to think of anything special to give me.. nevertheless, it was a very good dinner... excellent nasi ayam and good cakes too (we got several different kind of cakes, a slice of each mind you)

Thank you everyone for the wishes and the songs. I've gotten at least 3 birthday songs over the phone and my favorite is of course Syu's. Haha, not that the others are not good singers but she has recorded it and send it through MMS. While I thought it was just a picture with birthday greetings, it actually was a singing message. The timing? Perfect. I received and opened the message while I was having lunch with a client. He loved it and amused too!

I consider myself lucky and blessed to be granted a chance to finish another year of my life. People's expectations of this age, is a lot. I'm not too worried about that though. I'm more concern of my own expectations. This is not what I picture myself doing and having at this age. I expect more of myself. Time is running short. I need to catch up.

tick tock..

5 comments:

victoire said...

un autre fois, joyeaux anniversaire!!
heh, of course la between the age of 23(after we graduated, me not yet) and 30, LOTS of expectations there.
makan kek ape tadi?
yie suke sangat marble cheese cake, sedap sangat ada macam oat kat bawah.
chocolate indulgance ngan yang ada pisang tu pun sedap gop.
tapi dok leh lawan nasik ayam!!
anyway, ni tunggu korban, ngidam nok makan gulai kambing plok ni. hehe

Mardiana Kamaruddin said...

@yie: hehe thanx yie! tula.. memang banyak expectations, tp takpela, one bite at a time.. haha beli 4 jenis je sebenarnya, gaya cam beli 10 je kan? tp marble cheese cake is a must! kata signature dish.. nasik ayam, sambal pedas berdesing... memang best! haha sape hok pandai buat gulai kambing?

victoire said...

heh, kat La Rochelle ni mane laa ade mamak nok wat gulai tu..
kene la wat sdiri. ape susoh.
potong bawang beso, meroh ngan putih halus-halus, tumis ngan serbuk cabai, lada giling sikit.
sementare tunggu naik bau, bancuh la serbuk kari adabi atau alagappas dengan air.
bile naik bau tumis tadi, masuk la air dengan daging.
rase sampai mase ltak santan, letak lah.
hahaha.
ringkas, sedap dan puas hati.
sejak duk jauh-jauh ni baru discover yang best gile masak ni sbenarnye.

syuhadaa said...

Wahhh! It feels good to be a favourite!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.