Sunday, February 24, 2008

Parking & Me

Day One
My mom got a call from Ekspres Kesatuan, the nice lady at the ticket counter told her that my sister's ticket that we want to sell back has been bought and we need to come to the counter to collect the refund. Anyways, I usually park at the parking lot near Bangunan Paya Bunga/Mac D, very near to the bus station and I was heading there when I see the entrance was blocked with a row of plastic chairs and a huge 'forklift??' in that area. A construction. Oh well. I then parked at a metered parking and walked to the counter and got our refund. Day one. Happy Ending.

Day Two
I left for the office early today because my mom left early and my brother's not home. So, there's really nothing left to do at home. With a total disregard that I don't have a place to park since my favorite parking spot (just because the adik-adik parking lot are always nice to me and always let me pay half the actual parking fee, yay!) is having a building constructed on it, I drove cheerly to the office. Today is going to be a great day, was my exact word as I put on gear 1.

Huh.. little did I know...

As I was approaching the carpark, it hit me that the biggest parking lot in the city (city, yes city) is gone. People will definitely fighting over the small carpark behind Maybank. Trying my luck, I entered the area. The cars were lined up and parked so close to each other. I took a quick look at the clock on the dashboard, 8.30, which means I still have 15 minutes. I quickly exited that Maybank parking lot area and drove to another parking lot near the city mosque (masjid bandar), behind bangunan Yayasan Terengganu. It looked full, so I drove slowly around to be sure not to miss any spot aaaaaand I just missed one.

As I put on the reverse gear, I noticed there's a blue Gen2 behind me. The driver slowly reversed her car as I did mine. When she stopped, I also stopped, thinking that my car can fit between a white van and a red Saga. If only I could think at that moment why is this spot near the entrance is empty while rows behind it are packed, I would not be telling this story now. So, I slowly turned my wheel right and moved forward when I realized that the back of my car is waay too close to that Saga's back, 2 inches close. I immediately stopped, totally freaking out, not sure what to do.

Luckily, a few guys (totally my heroes) who were heading for breakfast noticed my situation and quickly came to help. With their instructions (and quite a series of conflicting instructions since, u know, 2 inches close!), I finally got myself out from that spot and I heard their voices faintly as they were leaving me that they told me to park somewhere else since it's too small. Not even having the courtesy of making sure they are really gone and being a stubborn head as I have always been, I reversed my car again, 100% sure that I would make it this time and tried to drive to that spot. I got really lucky this time. I knocked the van in front of me and totally scratched the back against the red Saga. For a moment I sat still, too shocked to actually do anything. Mind you, the Gen2 was waiting patiently behind me.

Thankfully, one of the guys that helped me earlier, a pakcik (judging from his handphone, I don't think it's just any pakcik) actually was still nearby. He hurried towards me and told me to not do anything while he closely observed the damage that I've done. I was watching him all the while, hoping that he could do miracle because I was stuck. My door is too close to the Saga. If I don't get out from this spot, I wouldn't even able to get out from my car, damn it!

to be continued... (csi break)

4 comments:

syuhadaa said...

nampaknya degil jugak perempuan yg masuk parking ni..

Idaman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Idaman said...

Hehe...

There's so much I want to say but I think I'll shut-up forever and wait till the end of the story...

Mardiana Kamaruddin said...

@syu: perempuan ni memang selalu degil ni syu!! x dapek nak menolong.. huaaaa..

@ayaz: hahaha shut up forever?lama tu.. so,the story has ended.. apa yang u nak cakap?