Monday, February 25, 2008

Parking & Me - Part 2

And so I was stuck. After walking around my car a few times, he slowly shook his head, as if he was telling himself that this is an impossible situation. He took out his handphone and started dialing. Impatient (and freaked out), I asked him if he can help me. He told me to hold on while he get the guys that helped me earlier. Really, at that time, I was more embarrassed than scared and all I wish at the time was Doraemon's Pintu Sesuka Hati. Within a few minutes, they got here and through the overlappings of voices, I realized how bad the situation is.

I was sweating like crazy and my breath became unsteady. Nervous breakdown? Maybe. Frustration, mixed with feelings scared and embarrassed led me to ALMOST crying. I don't usually cry in front of strangers and I don't cry for stuff like this. I cried at books and movies for other people's stories, but I always try to be strong for myself. That day, was a history. The guys, realized that I was ALMOST crying try to calm me down. Seriously, can this day get any worse? Thankfully it doesn't.

After everything failed, they tried to find the owners of the vehicles around me. Of course it's impossible, they couldn't even get one. They tried to push the Saga forward but it had the handbreak on. THEY almost give up when one of them realized that he can push down the Saga so that the Saga bumper that was touching my car's bumper can be pushed down. Since once cannot possibly hold it for so long, 2 guys were pushing the car down while another guy was giving instruction and looking at the front bumper and another one was looking at my tire, to make sure that it's turning at the right angle. Team effort, ain't it?

After several attempts, I made it. Actually, to be precise, THEY made it with very little help from me. None of them said I told you so, though it's clearly my fault. They helped me even when I didn't even listen to them and they even sympathized with me. They were smiling, sympathetically, as I shouted my thanks repeatedly. Definitely, my heroes..

As I drive to a parking spot at the corner far at the back, I started thinking of how bad my day has started and how today is going to be a bad day. Then, my eyes caught a blue Gen2, still moving slowly behind me and a smile out of nowhere came lurking.

It was not a bad day. It's actually an exact opposite. I learned that despite all the bad things happened in the world, there are still a lot of good people. I had the guys missed their breakfast and late for work, but not once they showed me a sour face. The Gen2 driver too was a real sweetheart. Some people would easily blame me and at least showed that they are angry. After all, it was my fault. But after waiting behind me for almost one hour, she then parked next to me and came up to me and asked if everything was okay.

If that did not define a good day. I don't know what does.

Anyways, my car only had a small dent on the back bumper above the tire. Other than that, it's perfect. So did the rest of the day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tanjunnnggggg it's definitely your fault nih. Degil siut! And i believe those guys also macam cakap.. "I told you so.." banyak2 kali but dalam hati la tapinya coz muka you macam nak menangis nih.

So, next time if the spot kecik untuk parking, you patut move on jerrr...

Anonymous said...

hehe. ni yg jadi lagi malas nk drive sendiri ni. well, it's good to hear that ur day didnt get lagi teruk.

anyways, miss you babe!

syuhadaa said...

It turned out well in the end.. Bagus tu!

We've all been there before I guess. Jgn takut tanjung!

Bak kata carimah, go go chaiyok!

Mardiana Kamaruddin said...

@sari: hahaha I know it's my fault.. tp those guys memang baik hati nih.. hehehe i guess i learned my lesson the hard way, =P..

@fadh: don't worry fadh.. i'm sure u r a much better driver than I am.. hahaha.. and I miss u too!! =D

@syu:yes yes chaiyok chaiyok.. haha.. tulah, tak tau kenapa freak out sangat hari tu...

victoire said...

pergh, saspen cite nih. hehe
how france treats me?
pas mal.. not bad.
getting happier as spring and summer approaching.
time winter nih paling mencabar.
pagi nak bangun liat gile..
nak redah air sejuk mandi..
lpas tuh gelap2 bute kene gi klas.. hahahaha

Saya Yang Ayu said...

Oh my god tanjung, what a day.
All I have to say is Wow. You gave a positive turn to a narrow escape.
I'm proud of your optimism.

Mardiana Kamaruddin said...

@yie:haha winter sentiasa mencabar.. the best time in the world to hibernate, =P

@lina:hahhahha.. all i have to say is that, I HAVE to do that.. otherwise, i'm just gonna be miserable for the whole day and I can't have that! =D I miss you!

Idaman said...

You know, I think Malaysians show their better sides when we see people having trouble parking. There'll always be someone to help out :-) Whether it's the 'jaga kreter' boys or office-going people... you'll always have someone to get you out of a tight spot...