Sunday, March 01, 2009

I asked and He Answered

"Boleh jadi kamu membenci sesuatu padahal ia amat baik bagimu, dan boleh jadi pula kamu menyukai sesuatu, padahal ia amat buruk bagimu, Allah mengetahui sedang kamu tidak mengetahui."
-Al-Qur'an, 2:216

It could have been worse and I am really seriously grateful. 

No one says that life is easy. It is hard enough and it become even more frustrating when you try to make sense the bad things that happen to you. Well, I do that all the time. I question, I try to reason and at the end of the day I would blame myself for not doing it differently. It became quite tiring after a while.

The thing is, after a while, when I looked back, I would see the point of why those things happen to me. Of course, while it happened, it would all seems bad and feels like I would never recover. Yet I did, and I always learn something new, and if anything, it would make me a little bit stronger than before. 

So my point is, we are merely human. Things will never make sense to us, at least not while it happened and there are still some things that do not make sense even if you try to reason it for years. I am still having problem accepting death and its consequences to the living. But we have to trust, trust that everything happens for a reason. Trust that whatever happened, it happened for our own good. Of course that is easier said than done but that is what I have to remind myself every single time. To trust. To have faith.

Fortunately, being a Muslim, I was taught to leave my fate (not entirely though, you still are required to do everything within your power) to the hand of the God. Being a mere human, I forgot, many times. Lucky for me, the answers always come whenever I need it. The truth is, the answer is always there if you look hard enough and trust that God really answer your prayers, one way or the other. 

I was feeling a little blue when I saw the translation of Ayat 216 from Surah Al-Baqarah on TV. Then it feels like a huge loads has been taken off me. Thank you.

Life is hard. It became harder when you fight it. Accept and trust that it would be okay. I know it's hard but I rather live in hope that things would be okay than living in regret that is full of what-ifs. The bad things, they are just pit stops in a long race. I don't plan to linger too long at one place because I got to finish the race.

No comments: