Saturday, April 04, 2009

Saturday Afternoon

For some reason, I was asked to dedicate this entry to Elly, Syu and Sheila.. Hmm..it's not exactly what you thought I would write.. Nevertheless..

I spent my Saturday afternoon reading this one particular blog and it was indeed my project for that day. I promised myself to read all the entries but I forgot to look at the number of entries before I promised that and now it seems impossible to do so. At least not in one day. Even so,  it became quiet monotonous after a while. Hence, I'm not going to do it again. Still, I am going to follow the blog. He's quite fascinating to observe. Well, I think I've said too much already. [Girls, the story stopped here]

However, the issue of my entry today is about other people's blogs. If you have not realized it yet, I follow many blogs. The one in my listings cannot even justify the number of blogs that I read on a daily basis. 

Just recently, I found out that all five Aidan directors have their own blog that they update on a weekly basis. The issues range from personal to business, from dealing with dengue to how to write well to sharing the formula of successful businesses . It is quite interesting to listen to the rumbles of these entrepreneurs' minds. Do check them out at http://blog.aidan.com.my/. It is a worthwhile read.

I guess it's easy to understand why I read all these blogs. For one, I just love reading. I read everything from textbooks to TV guide. For another, it kept me updated with my network's 'what-up'. Oh yes, we are the Gen X, cybercommunity is our thing. Heh.

After reading of endless 'supposedly-to-be-intelligent' entries, I noticed something about these type of bloggers. They are a bit arrogant. Please, I beg you to stay with me. I will try my best to convey this without hurting anyone. Some of these bloggers feel that only those who write something intellectual like politics, business tips, and humanitarian causes deserve to be on the web. Personal blogs do not get the same credit.

I used to agree with that sentiment many years back. I hated blogs back then because blogs were mainly used to tell personal stories. To me, the stories should be kept locked. Not parading it online. Today, I still feel that you should not wash your dirty laundry in public but I know it is all within your right. Well, that applies if and only if what you write did not hurt anyone but yourselves. So, if a person chooses (bearing in mind they know all the consequences) to share their personal stories online, just let them. They have the right to write and you have the right to ignore it. Just because they don't write something that you think as clever, it did not give you the right to discourage them.

If that logic applies, then I should not say anything because this rule should apply to these 'intellectual' bloggers as well. They should have the right to say whatever they want to say because it's within their rights, right? You 'intellectual' bloggers might have recognize that it is a little oxymoronic. I agree.

The whole point of writing this entry is, if possible, to ask for some consideration from the 'intellectual' bloggers to not be too negative. We do like reading your entries, they sound.....intellectual. If you could return the same courtesy by being a little bit more sensitive to your reader, that would be nice.

sigh.. I don't even know why I write this. I'm just....

No comments: