Monday, September 15, 2008

Ahlan Wa Sahlan Ya Ramadhan

It’s that time of the year again! Ramadhan this year came a little early than the previous year but I am just as excited. Celebrating Ramadhan always feel like celebrating a new year to me. Even before Ramadhan, I have set up a few goals that I wish to achieve by the end of this blessed month.

For one, not eating and drinking do give me a better perspective on life. For some reason, it helps clear my mind and make me more focus. I guess it has something to do with science too. Isn’t it the same practice too if you want to get rid the toxic in you? Or fat. Hehe.

Secondly, I get to save. Not taking lunch break helps my wallet. Normally I have to spend for lunch and the goodies from the bookstore in front of our office “Pustaka Seri Intan” and easily be RM10 per day. Since I decided to stay in the office during on lunch break during Ramadhan, I can easily save RM200.

The third reason might be influenced by the idea of this month itself. Since we were kids, we were told that the devils are being tied during this month. All the bad deeds come from our own self and not influenced by any external factor. For that reason, my heart trying to prove that I am actually a good person and I feel a strong need to be good and to do good.

During Ramadhan, I always challenge myself to do difficult chores and that is the fourth reason. I like that I get to challenge myself. To see, what I am capable of. In any normal days, I would easily grab a drink. Since I know that I cannot eat or drink no matter how hard it is, I challenge myself to always take another step. It not only resulted in physical fitness but it will also improve your will power. It is more of a mind game. Corny but, You Can if You THINK You Can.

On my life PH scale, the journey during Ramadhan is a 7. It is up to me by the end of it to turn left or right.

p/s Ramli Awang Murshid has launched the last of the "Bagaikan Puteri" trilogy, "Hijab Sang Pencinta". I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the third book. I like the ending, it's realistic. What I don't like is the unnecessary characters and subplots that makes the main plot messy with many loose endings. I read that Ziela Jalil was interested to make a mini TV series of the books and I seriously hoped that RAM won't allow her. The books are too good to be make mini-series. With the right director and actors, it can be the Malay Lord of The Ring. They have to get the right Sunan though, very much like Aragorn but with a lot more patience.Let's just hope Ziela won't mess it up!

2 comments:

Tg.A said...

alahai..kakna beli gok ke buku tu? adik pun beli.. rugi je beli dua..hoho..


bile la nk balek umoh ni..

Mardiana Kamaruddin said...

@adik: Kakna dok beli pun.. kakna pinjam hok orang.. kakna tahu dah, mesti adik belinya.. hahahhaa