I got tagged by Ana.. Yay!!
Don't take long to think about it. Ten books you've read that will always stick with you. First 10 you can recall in no more than 10 minutes. Tag up to 10 friends, including me because I'm interested in seeing what books my friends choose.
1. Tempat Jatuh Lagi Dikenang - Adibah Amin - Amazing journey of a girl called Hanim. I first read it when I was 8 and has repeated it over and over again until today. It is just that good.
2. A thousand splendid suns - Khaled Hosseini - gripping, it redefines strength and bravery in women.
3. Harry Potter series - J.K Rowling - too fun!!! I skipped several classes during my freshmen year for her books and talk about it with Yani non stop as if they actually existed! I still think they do.. hehe
4. Suburban Renewal - Pamela Morsi - Teached me about relationship. That there is no fairytale in life. Every relationship needs work and understanding even when you think you don't love each other anymore.
5. Doing Good - Pamela Morsi - I don't remember why I like this book but I guess it somehow inspires me to do good in life.
6. The first time - Joy Fielding - A tear-jerker!! Haha, I read this when I feel like crying and it has never failed me.
7. Nyanyian tanjung sepi - Noor Suraya - All the characters are real enough that you become quite annoyed with them at times. It changes the way I see the world. It shows that even good things can end. Still, it is not the end of the world and happiness can come in many ways.
8. Vanishing acts - Jodi Picoult - Picoult is just too good at showing the two sides of the coin. The grey between the black and white. You found yourself comtemplating in siding with whom in this book and deciding what is right or wrong.
9. My sister's keeper - Jodi Picoult - She is very generous with her characters, again. Within time, you found yourself loving all of them, yet none is perfect.
10. Mercy - Jody Picoult - Okay, this book really attract me because it shows that sometimes a love affair is not as sordid as we always seem to imagine. I mean, it started naturally and is just as beautiful as the regular ones. *sigh*. I'm not really sure if that is a good thing. Again, Picoult is just too good. I feel sorry for all three characters, the wife, the husband and the third woman.
Urghh.. I can go on and on and on about books. I just love them! I can't really say if these 10 are my favorite. Oh except for the first one, it is my favorite. The rest are just the ones that popped into my mind.