Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Something to fight about?

The people who are close to me would have known that one of the things that I really want to do is to make a difference in the world. I have discussed this with Syu often enough that I think she had an earful of this. Every now and then, I would come up with some ideas on how I can make a difference, how I can touch people's life. Most of the ideas though remain ideas. I did not explore it and some that I did usually stopped after a while.

I want to do good. I want to help other people. I just cannot stay committed long enough to make it a success.

I have commitment issues and I don't really know how to fix that.

I was watching E!THS Oprah just now and I was awed by who she is. I know that she is a huge success but I have no idea how was her past.

She was a result of a single/the only intercourse of two teenagers who was never in a relationship. She was extremely poor when she was growing up. She was raped since she was 9 until she was 14 by her cousin, her uncle and a family friend. When she was 14, she was pregnant and gave birth to a son but he died shortly after birth. With all that history, she managed to become who she is today.

I am very impressed.

What makes it even more impressive, she is not just any USD 2.7 billion worth lady. She is a USD 2.7 billion worth lady who did make a lot of differences in the world. She had touched so many lives that I have become envious of her. Throughout the documentary, I was searching what makes her to stay that committed. Then I see it.

She is always fighting for something.

She is fighting for her place as an African American. She is fighting for her place as a woman. She is fighting for her believe.

She is a fighter and she wants everyone to see it.

She did not let her past to bring her down. Instead, she uses it to inspire her to help others. To make sure what happened to her won't happen to others.

She has been fighting her past for others' future.

That inspires me. That is a proven, solid evidence of an individual who possibly has all the worst thing happened to her, but thrive nevertheless.

If I think I have a hard life, then let it be a drive for me to stay committed in making the world a better place.

I want to fight for something too. Yes, I do.

1 comment:

syuhadaa said...

Some people say, dont wait for "the cause" to make a difference. Making a difference starts with the being just next to you; a person, a plant, an animal..for every possible cause that one may think of.

Macam some people I know clearly define themselves as feminist, freedom fighters, itu ini, but we dont have to have such definition actually. Just go with the flowwww... heeheh